Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Florida Recap!

I had a case of the Mondays yesterday (and a bunch of homework that I didn't do over break) so I didn't get a chance to post, but here's a good ol' recap of my spring break!

Saturday:  We left around 6am to get gas and stop at the ATM (which was closed.. since when do ATMs close?!) and finally got on the road around 6:30.  According to google, the trip should take about 10.5 hours, but we ended up getting there around 6 due to stopping for gas/ food and traffic.  We stopped at one gas station in South Carolina and I saw a book titled "Cookin Yankees Ain't Et" and that's when I knew I was really in the south.  Once we arrived in Orlando we just hung out, went grocery shopping for the week and played games until we went to bed!

Had to try this... blood oranges are my favorite!
Sunday:  Since I skipped my long run on Saturday, I got up early and headed out for a 5 mile run with Kelley.  It was soo nice running in shorts and a tank top and it was especially nice because it was really flat!  She's training for a half marathon the weekend before mine so it was nice to have a running buddy.  Most of the guys went to a spring training game, so the rest of us just hung out by the pool.  I started reading Drop Dead Healthy and just relaxed in the sun!  Later that night we decided to all go in the hot tub/ pool!  We brought our classy red solo cups down with us and hung out in the hot tub with quite a few people who were old enough to be our parents.

My new friend
Monday and Tuesday were basically spent just hanging out in the resort by the pool/ hot tub.  Nothing too exciting but fun nonetheless!  It was REALLY windy for Tuesday's run, so it took Kelley and I ~10 minutes to run in one direction, and when we turned around it took us 3 minutes to get back... yeahhhhh.


Wednesday: We went to the beach in Clearwater!  It was reallyyy windy again but luckily Brian spotted an open windbreaker umbrella/tent thing?  So we snatched that up and it made it a million times better/ warmer. We only stayed for like 4 or 5 hours since we left kind of late and then got stuck in traffic.  And then we got stuck in even worse traffic on the way back.  I'm not the biggest fan of Florida traffic...


Thursday we went to Downtown Disney for their St. Patrick's Day celebration.  It was kind of too crowded and colder than we were expecting so we didn't stay that long.  We were looking for a bar to hang out at but everything was really busy, so we made reservations at one of the restaurants.  After the 11 of us had been seated, we took a look at the menu and saw that we had chosen somewhere WAY beyond our price range. We came to a unanimous decision that it would be best to just leave before a waiter came and go elsewhere rather than all ordering the cheapest thing on the menu and getting waters.  It was quite awkward..  Note to self: always look at the menu before you decide on a restaurant.

Friday we went to Universal Studios Islands of Adventure!  I love rollercoasters and I was really excited to go!  We also got there later than intended but it was fine as we still got to do pretty much everything we had wanted to.  I tried butterbeer and it was delicious!  I was never a huge Harry Potter fan but I still loved Harry Potter world and had a lot of fun!  The simulation ride was probably the coolest thing ever, I swear I sat there with the dumbest, most excited look on my face the whole time haha.

BUTTER BEER
Saturday we had to leave at 10am :(  It ended up taking us 12 hours to get home because of lots of traffic in North Carolina.  We took an alternate route through the cutest town though so it was a nice change of scenery!

this gets old quick...
Sunday was a new PDR- 7 miles!  I honestly wasn't sure I could do it, but I did!  Becky and I ran around town in our green rain jackets to celebrate St. Paddy's day (and because it was drizzling).  It actually went really well, but I was reallly sore yesterday (mostly because I probably only stretched for 2 minutes).
7 miles later wooo!

Hope you're all having a great week!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad I get the recap in person! Goooo us!!!!! This half marathon is going to be a piece of cake!

    ReplyDelete