Friday, March 8, 2013

Guest Post!!



Hey ya’ll. Kelly (the normal blogger behind the scenes) is out of commission you could say. Basically, her computer is making terrifying sounds and it won’t connect to the internet; a pretty awful situation for a college student, especially a blogger.  Although I guess it could be worse.  On a much brighter note, you all get the honor, and privilege, of listening (or reading I guess) my writing for today.  Lucky Ducks!

                Allow me to introduce myself.  I’m Julie, Kelly’s roommate. 
Hi there!

Nice to meet you!  I’ve known Kelly for a long time now, 3 years to be exact.  We were roomies freshman year, and it was one of the greatest decisions she has ever made.  Yes, her mom did/does pay me to live with her.

                Now for the topic of today’s post: SNACKS!!  I love foods, and I am never one to turn down an opportunity to eat.  Due to some unfortunate circumstances, basically me being a nut job and giving up my one true love, I cannot eat sweet for 23more days (but who is counting?).  Now,this is actually a BIG problem, seeing as chocolate usually makes up at least50% of my diet.  Luckily I have been adapting to the change in my diet, and actually learning to eat a bit healthier.

                Today,for instance, when Kelly and I went to Target (love that place), I decided to pick up some dried fruit.  I have to say,it was not a bad choice!!  Although the dried mango looks a little bit like a yellow human tongue (Kelly’s words, not mine), they taste pretty darn good!!  I am sold, my friends.  Maybe I will be able to incorporate this food into my normal diet come April 1st?  It is worth a shot!!

Yellow Tongue!!

What are some of your favorite snack foods (healthy and/or unhealthy)?

Has your computer ever composed a symphony of screeches?  


Not to steal Julie's thunder or anything, but this was absolutely necessary...


Still Fly by Big Tymers on Grooveshark

6 comments:

  1. Man, I love this link up already. haha. This was SUCH a great choice. I'm listening through your blog right now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This song brings back some good memories, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Hahahahaha Julie! Love it! 2. Wish I could have gone to Target with you guys! 3. Kelly you still fly even if you never wear your air force 1s anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite healthy snack is cut up strawberries in plain greek yogurt. I eat it erryday!

    this song. oh, this song. It always gets me in a good mood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG. I'm having frat house flashbacks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved dried fruit too for a snack (and Target!). I just bought a mixed berry version with raisins, blueberries, and cherries. It's delicious!

    ReplyDelete