Monday, March 4, 2013

Running is mental

Walking to class this morning I realized how GREAT my legs felt!  It's amazing what one day of rest could do!  I couldn't wait to hit the treadmill after class for my 35 minute jog! (20 degree windchills are not my friend).

Unfortunately, I get SO bored on the treadmill.  I found that listening to the FIT Radio app really helped but I always find my eyes drifting to how much time is left every 5 seconds (unless I'm watching Catfish or Prison Wives... I get sucked in)!  Then, I decided to use my 45 laps as motivation: if I can run 45 laps around a track I can last 35 minutes on a treadmill with a TV to watch!  So thanks 45 laps, you da best for helping my mental toughness!

my best friends until April 27th
After I got back I made an effort to stretch a little more so we'll see how my legs feel tomorrow?!  I also drank some Zico coconut water.  If you have never tried the chocolate flavor, you are seriously missing out!  The way I like to describe it is like a lighter chocolate milk?  I don't know if that's the best way but it's just delicious and if I had an unlimited supply I'd probably be the happiest girl in the whole world.

yay!
I also got my Team Lemon shirt in the mail!!  My roommates and I using our half marathon to fund raise for Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation for Childhood Cancer!  They sent us some awesome bright yellow shirts  that I can't wait to wear for 13.1 miles :)  If you're interested in donating, check out our page here!

Coconut water - yay or nay?

How cold is too cold for outdoor running?



No comments:

Post a Comment