Thursday, April 25, 2013

Freshman year {part 2}

Happy Friday eve!  Here is part 2 of my freshman year Throwback Thursday series :)

Julie's birthday is in January, a few days after we got back to school.  A bunch of our friends hung out in a room down the hall.  The plan was to get Julie out of our room to check the mail and then I would tell them all to come over.  Except she only got about halfway to the mail room before she realized she forgot her key.  So she came in while we were all trying to hide to surprise her.  Oops.

Acting surprised
 I had to take pictures on campus for an English project.  The next picture is just for fun.  Unfortunately I didn't use it in my PowerPoint presentation.


Julie, Suzanne and I went to see Taylor Swift at UVa with Suzanne's mom and sister!  We hung out in Cville and had a lot of fun!

Julie's (ex)-boyfriend brought us to a drive-thru safari!  If you're ever on the highway you NEED to stop here.  I'm glad I wasn't driving because the animals just kinda chill in front of your car sometimes or they just walk in front of your car when you're trying to move.  So actually, if you're a passenger you need to make whoever is driving stop here :P  The animals get feed ALL over the inside of your car but it's totally worth it.  Who knew they would be really messy eaters? {excuse the blue-ness of these pictures.. I don't know what setting my camera was on}
hi.

Not gonna lie, I was a little scared to feed because the animals tended to get all up in your window/ space and it was hard to get them to stop eating.  But maybe I'm just a scaredy-cat?!


This camel took 2 of our buckets :(
 After the drive-thru part, there's a small zoo you can walk around!

Necessary
Me with a kangaroo!
 I went on my first hiking trip!  A few friends and I hiked a trail leading to this waterfall!  I've since done this hike a few more times but I would love to do it again now to see how much easier it is on my legs after all this running!
Made it!


If you read my first post, you know that we didn't always have the best going out experiences, but we did try it again!  We went to a mutual friend's party, had fun and weren't traumatized!  Success!


You may also remember how I said we kept the monument up?  Well, here it is again {in all of its glory :P}


Hokie Bird at the Spring Game!
 We had to bring our rented lofts back before finals started.  We re-bunked our beds and put our desks next to each other.  I'm not sure why we didn't have our room like this the whole year?  We would not have gotten anything done, but we would have played a lot of Pac-xon {computer game we were addicted to for a while}.  Excuse our mess, it was finals...  It definitely didn't look like that all year....

"It looks like finals in here"
Hope you're having a great day!

3 comments:

  1. AWWWWWWWWWWWWw i love this series. Freshman year, let's go back. And to the drive through safari :) P.s. can we re-construct the monument in our living room tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading this! Made me think of my freshman year at Tech. I wish I had taken more pictures, I know I'm forgetting some of the fun stuff we did!

    I've been to that safari place... it is cool but slightly terrifying when the animals got pushy about getting food!

    ReplyDelete