Friday, April 19, 2013

Liebster!

As you know, I've been kind of a slacker lately, but I figured it's a good time to do my Liebster post!  The lovely Jenna at Keep Caffeinated and Carry On nominated me (a few weeks ago... told ya I was slacking) thanks to our mutual love of caffeine :)

So without further ado:

11 Random Facts
1. I love live music!  I've probably been to at least 30 concerts in 6 different states!  The majority were during high school but hopefully I'll have more money time for more shows after graduation!

2. I love coloring and painting.  I don't see myself as super creative but Pinterest certainly helps me pretend that I am :)

3. I rarely watch movies.  Whenever my friends talk about or quote them I'm usually completely lost.  This is mostly because I fall asleep whenever I try to watch them... oops!

4. I'd love to be a certified yoga instructor.  If the program wasn't so expensive I'd do it in a heartbeat.  I guess that's what I can save for though?! :)

5. I didn't learn how to pump gas until college.  I still don't know how to make a U-turn.  Both are illegal in New Jersey and I like it better that way :P

6. It's slightly embarrassing how many times I've thought 'I wish I had a microscope to look at this with' in everyday life.  I'm a pretty big biology nerd but I've learned to embrace it.

7. I'm really picky with foods.  I refused to eat tomato sauce on pasta until freshman year of college.  I still don't like any dressings on my salad, ketchup, mustard or any other condiments!

8. I'm a big NY Jets fan!  Football season is my favorite sports season :)

9. One Tree Hill is my favorite tv show of all time!  One of these days I'll get around to re-watching from season 1 again!

10. In 2006, my best friends and I were obsessed with the Jonas Brothers.  We saw/ met them 6 times that  summer.  We made them a scrapbook and Joe actually ended up calling Kaitlyn & I to thank us!  It's still probably one of my favorite memories from high school.

11. I love buying clothes but I can't stand buying shoes!  I can't justify buying them unless I think they would go with everything.  Therefore, I rarely buy shoes.  I mean, it's better for my bank account that way and I like to live in flip flops/ running shoes/ uggs.

Jenna's 11 Questions
1. What motivated you to create your blog?
I started off reading Hungry Runner Girl everyday and then I began reading whatever random blogs I'd come across.  My roommate Becky made a blog so I decided I'd start one too!

2. If you had to pick a different country to live in, which one would it be?
I think I'd pick Italy!  I love Italian food and it looks like a beautiful country.  Only downside is I would know how to speak exactly zero words in Italian, so I'd have a lot to learn!

3. If you had a magic wand to change anything, what would it be?
To make anyone/ everyone happy!  I don't like seeing people upset, especially when I feel like there's nothing I can do to cheer them up.  I'd love to wave my magic wand and make them feel happier instantly!

4. What do you never leave home without (besides your cell phone)?
I'm not sure if there even is such a thing?!  But I try to never leave home without chapstick.  I don't think there's anything worse than dry lips and nothing to fix them!

5. What's the best book you've ever read?
I enjoyed The Glass Castle a lot, I think I read it faster than any other book because I just got so sucked in.

6. Do you have any special family traditions?
Hmm not really?  The only thing I can think of is that my family doesn't really celebrate Christmas until the 26th!  My cousins come to my aunt's house and we all hang out then so my little cousin has time to play with his toys he gets from his parents/ Santa :)  So my parents and I (and sometimes one of my cousins) do a small dinner for Christmas Eve/ Christmas and then we have the typical huge meal the next day!  I like it because Christmas lasts a little longer.

7. What are your music guilty pleasures?
No shame, I listen to One Direction, Justin Bieber (his acoustic album is really good!) and the Jonas Brothers. Basically, I still listen to all the tween heartthrobs.

8. Who were you in high school? Cheerleader, nerd, etc?
I was definitely quiet, probably a nerd.  Most people would have never guessed I cheered my freshman year because I was really shy!

9. Favorite thing to do to waste time?
Twitter, facebook, reading blogs, downloading music, looking at old pictures... I have mastered the art of procrastinating and it's kind of a problem.

10. What's the strangest thing in your purse right now?
The only thing in my purse is a receipt right now, so I guess that!

11. What is one decision you've made in the past that always makes you say "what if I'd gone the other way?"
Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I had decided to go to school in-state!  Would I still be hanging out with my high school friends?  Would whoever I met there be as awesome as the friends I have here?!  Sure, I would have saved money and have no student loans but I wouldn't trade the memories and friendships I have made at Virginia Tech for the world!!!

My 11 questions for YOU!
1. What's your favorite holiday to celebrate?
2. Where have you always wanted to visit?
3. How many times have you moved in your life?
4. What was your favorite TV show growing up?
5. What's your favorite gift you've ever given?
6. What was your first job?
7. What's your favorite nail polish color?
8. If you could choose one superpower, what would it be?
9. What was your favorite (and/or least favorite) subject in school?
10. What's your favorite road trip song?
11. Coffee or tea? (or other?)

I'm not really sure who has yet to be nominated, so I would like to nominate anyone/ everyone who wants to fill this out :)

2 comments:

  1. Liebster awards are so fun! Its a great way to get to know someone better and a great way to find new blogs.

    HRG was also one of the first blogs I read. I actually started my blog (after months of debating it) when she did a "how to start a blog post" back in January.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better late than never :)

    My freshman year roommate was from NJ and didn't know how to pump gas and called me once in the middle of the night to ask how - as a Midwestern girl who basically lived in my car, it blew my mind!

    And definitely have the same thoughts about rewinding and going to school in state. Glad you love VT though!

    ReplyDelete