Monday, May 6, 2013

Weekend Recap: Pre-Graduation Pictures & a Car Wash

It hurts to type this, but this was basically my last weekend of college :(.  I have finals next weekend and the following weekend is graduation... where did the time go?!

Friday
Peter has a momma cat & her four kittens in a bush outside his apartment.  Becky brought me over to look at them and watch them play.  It was like a real life kitten cam and it was glorious!




Later, my roommates & I took some pre-graduation pictures at the gardens on campus!  Becky's twin Kiefer was our photographer while we just had fun being models :P



We all worked up quite an appetite, so we went to Kobe for dinner.  It's a Japanese restaurant and it's SO GOOD.  I can't believe it took me this long to go there.  I already can't wait to go back.

Teriyaki chicken, broccoli, rice & carrots. YUM
That night, Julie & I went to a bar downtown with Brian and some of his friends.  We ran into one of our best friends we hadn't seen in a while so we spent lots of time reminiscing and catching up!  Have I mentioned I really wish we didn't have to graduate?

Saturday
Becky & I went to the Farmer's Market in downtown Blacksburg.  They have it every Saturday, but I'd only gone once before.  We didn't end up buying anything but it was fun to just browse.  On the way home, we decided to make a pit stop at Target {which is totally out of the way but whatever}.  Somehow we didn't end up buying anything there either.  That's definitely a first.

We swung back by the apartment to get Julie and go to Kroger.  Julie's car was pretty dirty so we decided we needed to go to the carwash.  Except 2 of the carwashes we were trying to go to didn't actually exist so it turned into a longer than anticipated adventure but it was fun.  Since we were already in the area, we stopped by Chick-Fil-A for milkshakes.  What could be better than a carwash and a milkshake?




Sunday
First run after the half!  Honestly I was feeling a little burnt out after all the training and the race and couldn't find motivation to go running.  Plus, one of my feet was swollen and I didn't want to push it and make it any worse.  It felt better and Julie was doing 10 miles so I decided to give it a go.  I did 3 with her at a 9:35 pace.  It was reallly windy so it was kind of tough, but my legs felt good and my foot didn't bother me {yay!} so hopefully it's fine now?  Guess I'll find out!


3 comments:

  1. Hi there! Stopping by from Miss Sami's linkup :) I am SO impressed with your running escapades! I dream of running a half one day but I've got a loooong way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that Friday was your first trip to Kobe! Thank goodness you went before you graduated, or they might have withheld your diploma. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha you guys were all over town... Target and then I'm guessing somewhere back closer to campus, and then the hunt for a car wash which took you by Chick-fil-a. If it's the one I'm thinking of it's in the Target parking lot! Well done not buying anything there, though. That's quite an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete