Friday, June 7, 2013

Oops & a running quiz!

Oops, I've been a really bad blogger lately.  Mostly because I don't have much to blog about being home and all.  I can pretty much sum up the last week and a half with a picture of my cat... so yeah. #postgradproblems
As some of you probably know, Wednesday was National Running Day which I had to celebrate!  Of course, I only ran once in the month after my half marathon so I'm no longer in tip-top shape which is a little frustrating.  It doesn't feel that long ago, but there is much that I lost in that time. 
That's enough whining, here is Hungry Runner Girl's running quiz from the other day!
1.  On average how many races do you run a year? I've only ran 4 races in my life... but I'm working on changing that ;)
2.  Head accessories, things you have to run with:  a hat, a visor, sunglasses, chapstick, sunscreen, head band, ponytail, braids, sweat band? I NEED a headband.  And my hair must be in a ponytail that isn't loose.
3.  Where do your workouts come from?  A training plan, a coach, whatever you feel like doing that day or what your training partner is doing that day? Usually whatever I feel like doing!  I LOVED training for the half: having a plan that I followed almost exactly {at least in the beginning} was great for me.  It kept me motivated and took away a lot of the mental battle I tend to have with myself.
4.  How many miles on average do you put on a pair of shoes?  I've never really kept track.. newbie runner problems.
5.  Cell phone=  do you bring it with you on your run or leave it at home? Bring it.  Use it for music and it makes me feel safer I know I have it in case I need it.
6.  What was your last running related injury or have you been an injury free runner? My foot started bothering me after the half but I never got it checked out soo I'm not exactly sure what it was?  I self-diagnosed myself with a metatarsal stress fracture but who really knows?!  
7.  Is your current running goal about running a farther distance (adding more mileage) or getting faster or BOTH?!? My current running goal is to get my mileage back up!  I wouldn't mind getting faster but I'm not really working on that.
8.  Speedwork—->  at the track, on the treadmill, on the roads or never do it? Never do it.  Maybe someday!
9.  Stretching after a run:  hit the ground after a run and get stretching, stretch in the shower, stretch once you get to work/school, skip the stretching? Depends how I'm feeling!   If I'm sore after my run, I don't usually skip the stretching.
10.  What was your reason(S) for starting to run?  Well, I had been eating nothing but candy and junk food during finals and when I got home for summer I decided I needed some sort of detox and started running!  It felt great every time I ran a little further and soon enough I fell in love! :)
Thanks for reading this far!  Or if you skipped ahead, I don't blame you :P  And I'd love to read your responses to this quiz as well!!
Happy Friday!!  Hope everyone has a great weekend :)

3 comments:

  1. you're back!!!! :) I totally agree with you on #2 and #7. I really miss running with you! Maybe I should get an iphone and then we can facetime and run together? That's a good excuse to use on my mom right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading your answers to the running quiz! I read HRG, too. She's very entertaining and so speedy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this runner quiz - if its ok I am going to link up with you and do it myself on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete